Monday, May 25, 2009

Our First Family Vacation

I think he is saying.,...."really mom, I look like an idiot!".....
we went to the butterfly garden on our way out of town. Thanks Jacqui & Jay again for the front facing baby carrier. He definitely prefers to see what is going on vs. facing the other way! 
the sun was shining and we had a picnic in the park. It was a bit chilly but felt great in the sun and there were beautiful flowers blooming everywhere. 
My first swing ride. I was much more interested in the kids next to me than the fact that I was actually in a swing! 


Beautiful rainbow due to the mist from the falls. These are the canadian falls vs. the american side of the falls. 
Yes, I really will wear this hat, no problem. It helps keep the sun out of my eyes!

We went to Niagara on the Lake the weekend before Memorial day. It is about 4.5 hours from our house and about 30 minutes from Niagara Falls. It was crazy windy the day we made it out to the falls but the sun was shining. Overall, we had a good time but mom was a little exhausted by the end of the vacation because Asher was waking up about every two hours at night on the road. We stayed in a place where we did not have our own thermostat control on the room and it was a bit chilly so....the three of us ended up sleeping a few hours in the AM in a queen size bed! I guess I should be more of a researcher when it comes to these things...but I am more of a wing it kind of gal and I can only do so much! We got really lucky overall with the weather given it was sunny most of the trip albeit a bit cool but we enjoyed our first trip together and Asher has already been to Canada at only 7 months! 

No comments: